Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: MSI CX61 Unlock bios not flashing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Im trying to unlock some hidden settings on an MSI CX61 with AMI Bios and need some helpful guidance.

I use AFUWIN to save a Rom file of my Bios, and I opened the Rom file with AMIBCP. I change all the settings I want from default to user, then save the modified rom. I put the rom file on a usb drive formatted to fat 32. When I try to flash through the usb, I get a message saying "Failed, wrong image Fortmat".  

I tried the original bios file and it works fine, but after I modified it in AMIBCP it doesn't work. I also tried Flashing through AFUWIN, and it gives me "error 18: Unable to start a Secure Flash session. 

Can anyone tell me how to get this done correctly, or if there is a better way that actually works for AMI Bios.

I didnt change any of the settings here on AFUWIN
[attachment=12529]
Should I check any of these other settings before flashing?
(05-24-2017, 12:57 PM)Norty006 Wrote: [ -> ]So Im trying to unlock some hidden settings on an MSI CX61 with AMI Bios and need some helpful guidance.

I use AFUWIN to save a Rom file of my Bios, and I opened the Rom file with AMIBCP. I change all the settings I want from default to user, then save the modified rom. I put the rom file on a usb drive formatted to fat 32. When I try to flash through the usb, I get a message saying "Failed, wrong image Fortmat".  

I tried the original bios file and it works fine, but after I modified it in AMIBCP it doesn't work. I also tried Flashing through AFUWIN, and it gives me "error 18: Unable to start a Secure Flash session. 

Can anyone tell me how to get this done correctly, or if there is a better way that actually works for AMI Bios.

I didnt change any of the settings here on AFUWIN

Should I check any of these other settings before flashing?
Hi.
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...EFI-Aptio4