Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Shuttle XH97V barebone and i5-5675c broadwell cpu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is not a proper request since I don't have access to the hardware yet. Still I have a good deal on both the barbone and the cpu. Problem is that shuttle have not provided a bios for the h97 express motherboard with broadwell support. My question is if you guys think that there is a chance to get them working? I have no experience in this field and this may very well turn into a request later where I will provide any information you need.

Link to bioslist: http://global.shuttle.com/main/productsD...uctId=1847

Shuttle have actually made mini computers housing low power versions of broadwell, but I doubt they would be much help since they are not socketed.
I've analysed BIOS. It has some code for Broadwell's core initialisation. But I don't know is it enough...
Thank you very much! Some hope at least. I would really like to try this as an experiment. Do need a backup plan though for the shuttle if i does not work. 

If you find anyting else I would much appriciate it!

Edit: I've noticed gigabyte have a thin itx board with similar specs but with broadwell support. Different amount of ram allowed though. Is it possible to maybe borrow the cpu code (sorry for not knowing the lingo yet) from there?
(05-25-2017, 11:53 AM)Sharkyman Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to maybe borrow the cpu code (sorry for not knowing the lingo yet) from there?
It's too difficult and too expensive work.
Alright. Thank you very much for replay!!