Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Yoga Pro 2 , cannot boot after changing from UEFI to Legacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I changed the Bios setting to use Legacy  from the UEFI and now i keep getting this message " No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key".  I tried creating a bootable USB using RUFUS tool with different options within it and with different ISO OS'es  like Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and UBUNTU .

How can i get into BIOS to change the setting back.  The laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 and the NOVO button doesn't work , maybe the partition that shows the NOVO menu is not accessible or is deleted.

Please help
Thanks
Vkerry
(05-25-2017, 01:10 PM)vkerry Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I changed the Bios setting to use Legacy  from the UEFI and now i keep getting this message " No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key".  I tried creating a bootable USB using RUFUS tool with different options within it and with different ISO OS'es  like Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and UBUNTU .

How can i get into BIOS to change the setting back.  The laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 and the NOVO button doesn't work , maybe the partition that shows the NOVO menu is not accessible or is deleted.

Please help
Thanks
Vkerry
Hi
Try resetting CMOS
(05-25-2017, 03:26 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2017, 01:10 PM)vkerry Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Please help
Thanks
Vkerry
Hi
Try resetting CMOS
I am getting the same error - I opened the back of the case - removed the battery and disconnected the cmos battery connector for almost 2 hours . Connected the cmos back, left the battery disconnected - plugged in the AC , same error. The reason why i even tried to go the legacy route was , I thought it will fix the slow boot i am experiencing with this laptop - sometimes it would take more than 15 mins to boot up. Even now , the message i am getting doesn't show up right away . Not sure what the issue is. I had turned off the hibernation in power options before and also I am still on 71CN31WW bios firmware and no matter how many times I tried to update the BIOS to later versions with increments and what not , the BIOS would not get updated at all. Any help is appreciate and I will donate for sure. Thanks.
Hi, you just change the boot way in bios so what you need to do is enter the bios and change the setting back. Or you can make a bootable WinPE with your usb device and repair your boot loader.