Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Asus F205TA: add CSM option to BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

a friend recommended this forum to me.

I have an Asus F205TA netbook which is unable to boot from USB media, e.g. Windows installation.
It does not even show these media in the boot menu.
Now I found another USB stick which has an UEFI boot loader. This one does boot.
According to the Asus support page there should be an option in the BIOS for CSM  (Compatibility Support Module):
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1013017/
[attachment=12568]
But I don't have this option, only Windows Boot Manager is offered:
[attachment=12569]

I found out that my F205TA seems to be the same as the X205TA, but 32-bit instead of 64-bit. Huh

This brings to my mind that there might be an awkward BIOS implementation, which only allows UEFI enabled devices to boot, even as the F205TA is only 32-bit. The 32-bit would explain the missing CSM, as this is only available on 64-bit systems.

Now my question would be, if somebody could enable this CSM option in the BIOS, in case it is technically possible at all.
[attachment=12570]

Many thanks for your help.
Hi!
Go in bios setup menu and disable "Fast Boot" and "Secure Boot", then F10 to save, then Enter.
After that go in bios setup menu again and search "Launch CSM".
(06-02-2017, 01:30 PM)feluchi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
Go in bios setup menu and disable "Fast Boot" and "Secure Boot", then F10 to save, then Enter.
After that go in bios setup menu again and search "Launch CSM".

Hi, many thanks!

I already had "Secure Boot" disabled and there is no option to disable "Fast Boot". 
The whole thing barely has any BIOS options.