Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Dell Latitude LS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Main reason I'm interested is better support for "CF SSDs"; it fails to finish POST with a 32GB CF card, and a 16GB doesn't get properly handed off to Windows/DOS. In "DOS" access mode, only ~500MB is accessible, and in "Other", ~1GB is accessible, and neither mode works properly with FDISK, as it continuously states that C is an invalid drive.

(As an aside, unlocking primary channel IDE slave support will also be nice, as I have a dual-CF adapter.)

BIOS file: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/0...ls/drivers (Dell's site doesn't seem to support direct linking, but A09 is the latest version.)

While I don't have a "true" backup of my BIOS, I do have a 2nd chip from a dead LS available.

PS: the CPU is not socketed, soldered directly to the motherboard, making it (near?) impossible to upgrade. Over/underclocking would be nice, even if it's simply adjusting the FSB.

PPS: it only has one RAM slot, and it only supports low-density RAM, meaning it needs specific 256MB modules, and 512MB modules are out of the question. Don't know if it's possible or not to add support for the higher-density modules or not, but also requesting that.