Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Pentium E5x00 on ASUS P5VD2-VM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am using asus p5vd2-vm motherboard,and it doesnt support intel dual core e5200. When i try to boot with that cpu in socket it wont work at all. Can adding microcode to bios help?
This board should not to support 45nm core2 duo,maybe you can consider other 65nm core2 duo,you can visit its cpu support list from asus website.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5VD2VM/HelpDesk_CPU/
Hello
I'd like to have some fun with old s775 stuff and install Pentium E5300 or a C2D E7500, but I can't modify the 1302 BIOS for this mobo Sad Can anyone help me with modifying this bios, or do it for me? Oh, and I need an e4400 support on modified bios, cause it's in this mobo now and I'm waiting for a pentium to arrive Smile

Config:
ASUS P5VD2-VM - Bios 1302, FSB stock 200MHz
Core 2 Duo e4400
1x2GB Hynix 800MHz@667MHz
Integrated GPU /w 64MB
320GB Samsung HDD
Fortron FSP-350-60 EMDN
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Have you any 45-nm CPU for LGA775 now?
Yes, Core 2 Duo E7500, but it's in another PC :/
Install E7500, clear CMOS and try to boot up.
Describe in details the results of this experiment.
I'll try as soon as I can and post results here.
Hello.
I'm sorry that it took so long, but the PC with an E7500 is in every day use and I can't take the CPU cause I have no replacement Tongue Today I tried to boot a P5VD2-VM with an E5300 and swapped the PSU for an FSP-350EMDN. PC just didn't boot. Fans spin, but there's no BEEP or any signal from it. Yes, before changing the processor i took the CMOS battery of and unplugged the PSU.
Pages: 1 2 3