Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell OptiPlex GX520 & GX620: CPU Upgrade to Core 2 Duo & Pentium (Conroe)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hey all. I need to buy a computer for my brother but I don’t have much knowledge about good computer manufacturers. So I am seeking some help. Please suggest a good brand to me as I am confused with so many options these days.
Is it possible to add c2d processor support to the bios?
Teurastaja
No, this motherboard is hardware incompatible with Conroe core.
(01-08-2016, 05:35 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Teurastaja
No, this motherboard is hardware incompatible with Conroe core.

Yes, but there are 800mhz fsb processors in c2d class, they would work ?
No, any c2d don't work on this motherboard.
Like this : http://ark.intel.com/products/32242/Inte...00-MHz-FSB
why it wouldn't work?
It has 800mhz fsb, so adding microcode to suppourt these will work ?
Cause c2d needs VRM 11.
I wonder whether it is possible to get this Xeon support to the GX620s. It would be awesome to give the GX620 a second life with a somehow fast CPU Smile
RickB
It's impossible and it's offtopic.
It doesn't support Conroe core and newer.
I've recycled an old Dell Gx620, running a Pentium D945 and since I have many spare CPU in my house I'm looking for someone able to edit the A11 bios with the correct microcode. The most compatible CPU I have for the i945 chipset should be the E2180 (CPUID 06FDH - 2Ghz / 800FSB), and is a pentium dual, not a C2D. 
Is just an experiment, is not a machine I use normally, but I'm really curious to see if I can do this mod.
I have extracted the latest Phoenix based bios (A11) to obtain the .hdr and the .rom and I have created the microcode .bin file from the latest intel .dat but I didn't find a tool to add the microcode to the bios. 

I've prepared a .rar file with the bios & microcode .

Someone could gently have a look on it? 
Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6