Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell OptiPlex GX520 & GX620: CPU Upgrade to Core 2 Duo & Pentium (Conroe)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Wrong forum...
Could someone gently move my thread to "CPU Support Upgrades"?
Allendale core isn't supported by this motherboard. It hasn't VRM 11.
(08-31-2016, 12:16 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Allendale core isn't supported by this motherboard. It hasn't VRM 11.

Ok. Thanks for your reply.
If you think that bios get locked. Then why you don't unlock it? I think you don't have good knowledge for it but don't worry here i am telling you how to do it.
Restart the system. Click on Start, Turn off Computer and Restart.

At the Dell loading screen Tap F2 to enter the BIOS. "Entering Setup" will appear when the command has been recognised. Certain models may use a different key. The key will be displayed during the boot process. For most Dell laptops and desktops, the key is F2.

Once loaded, depending on BIOS age and type, you can reset the defaults by either using F9 key to Load Defaults (Shown as an option at the bottom of the screen), the Alt + F key combination, or the Load Defaults button shown on the screen, to load the factory defaults.

Press Esc on your keyboard and select Save and exit, or click the Exit button, again depending on the version you have.

Choose the Enter key to save all changes and exit the BIOS screen. Allow your system to restart for the BIOS settings to reset.

For more details visit Dell Gx620 Manual- (censored)/product-name-gx620-manual&po=330193&lang=English
Hello everyone,

I have an old DELL Optiplex GX620 whose BIOS doesn't support Core2 Duo CPUs, even though they're supported by the chipset (Intel 945G)
You can find the BIOS here: http://downloads.dell.com/bios/A11GX620.EXE

I have a Core2 Duo E6600:
sSpec: SL9S8
CPUID: 06F6h
Core stepping: B2

Could someone please add the microcode for the CPU into the BIOS.
It currently works with a Pentium D 820, so it would be good if its microcode can be kept also.

I tried following some guides to do it by myself, but I'm a total noob, so I couldn't do it.

Thank you in advance Smile
Adding microcode doesn't add support for new CPU.
This motherboard doesn't support Conroe core because of old VRM.
Okay, I understand.
Thank you for the fast response.
I've been trying to figure out if there was anyway to get a Dell Optiplex gx620 to use core 2 duo processors. I found a CPU mod that might be able to get it to work, short out a few pins on the conroe processor and apparently its possible to run it on VRM 10.1 , the shorted out pins set the correct voltage and tricks the cpu into thinking its running on vrm 11. Does anyone know about this mod? Have a picture of the mod below.

So I am wondering if you add conroe microcode and add the conroe processors to the gx620 bios, should this computer successfully be able to boot with a conroe processor? I am not sure how successful this mod works, and if it works on any VRM 10.1 computer if you add conroe processors to the bios. I do know the chipset in this computer is compatible with conroe processors. 

[Image: 775_core2_back.gif]
(12-16-2018, 07:19 PM)michaelweaser Wrote: [ -> ]So I am wondering if you add conroe microcode and add the conroe processors to the gx620 bios, should this computer successfully be able to boot with a conroe processor?
No, it shouldn't.
(12-17-2018, 02:36 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2018, 07:19 PM)michaelweaser Wrote: [ -> ]So I am wondering if you add conroe microcode and add the conroe processors to the gx620 bios, should this computer successfully be able to boot with a conroe processor?
No, it shouldn't.

I mean once the VRM 10.1 mod is done to the processor and the microcode is added to the bios

I got information about the mod from here : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show...odfication
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6