Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Presario C700 series C777tu Insyde Bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the cpu was upgraded to T8300 , the laptop sometimes  cannot pass post on boot .It is intermittent.The issue is most probably the microcode.

Please help me update the latest 10676 and 1067a microcode to the bios .

The original BIOS is here: sp48079.exe

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Did you do Load Defaults in BIOS after CPU changing?
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with your T8300.
And make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
Certainly load defaults in bios after change of cpu . The laptop cannot past post on boot intermittently.
BIOS version F.35 already has suitable microcode for T8300: version 0x60C, date - 01/19/2008.

(06-15-2017, 02:46 AM)issacchong9928 Wrote: [ -> ]The laptop cannot past post on boot intermittently.
Did you see Windows logo in such cases?
What's version of Windows you use?
When I power up the laptop, sometimes the laptop can past post , it will work as a good working laptop without issues .But when it  fails to post , the symptoms are black screen with no backlight ,fan running and hdd led on and the remedy is power down the laptop and then power up again.
The issues have persisted for months ever since I changed the cpu.I am using windows xp.
It isn't BIOS and microcode problem.
What was old CPU?
The original cpu was Intel® Celeron® Processor 550 (1M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 533 MHz FSB)
 merom
I think it's hardware problem with power subsystem on this motherboard.