Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Trying to get an i7 3630qm to work with a Toshiba Satellite c55 mobo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll see if i can test it with a friends computer
I tried an i7 3632qm and it worked! Its fully functional and turboboost is supported. Thank you for your help
Hello, i have a c55-a5166 with PSCF6U board too and i'm trying make the same, this is upgrade my laptop to a i7-3632qm. Mine laptop come from factory with a i3 and now i have upgraded with a i5 and this working without problems from the first time i push the power on button but the i7 only power on 10 seconds or less running the fan cooler at full speed, no image on display and shutdown later. I have the stock 1.40 toshiba bios.
Wich bios version you have ?? you have a moded bios ???
i would appreciate your help
thanks
Tell sSpec of your i7.
Did you followed this algorithm?
P.S. online gravy has BIOS 1.40.
(10-02-2017, 11:32 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Tell sSpec of your i7.
Did you followed this algorithm?
P.S. online gravy has BIOS 1.40.

Hello, thanks for reply, i could test this i7-3632qm (sr0v0) in other board, an Asus laptop board, wich boot up without problems with i7-3610qm 45watts tdp but no power on with the i7-3632qm that I had acquired, apparently this processor is damaged and already request a return or change....
when I get a replacement I'll comment if it works or not.

Thanks for now for you help.
Dear friends,

I'm considering to upgrade my actual CPU (i3-3110M) to i7-3630QM. I've seen that I would be posible with my motherboard, but I don't know if the BIOS can accept this. I show you the specifications of my laptop.

MODEL: Toshiba c55-a-1un
MOTHERBOARD MODEL: PT10F
CHIPSET: Ivy bridge - HM76
BIOS: Insyde copr. - version 1.40 - date 04/22/2014

What should I do? Thanks.  Confused
i7-3612QM and i7-3632QM are recommended for this laptop.
Pages: 1 2