Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Update Dell N7110 A13 Bios to accept Ivy Bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
  I have a Dell N7110 and was wondering if it's possible to update my bios to accept an Ivy bridge processor.  I have an I5 2450m currently installed. I want to install an i7 3820qm processor.  i'd be willing to do any changing of code as long as I can get instructions. 

Thank You
Nathan
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
(06-24-2017, 02:50 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

Hello,
What do you mean I can't get the computer to even boot with the IVY Bridge. You mean the original CPU??  ok I gotta tear my laptop apart and reinstall the chip. the images will be posted soon.  

Thank You
Nathan
Yes, current = original.
(06-24-2017, 02:13 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, current = original.
here are the screens.
Your laptop is based on HM67 chipset. It doesn't support Ivy Bridge core.
(06-25-2017, 05:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Your laptop is based on HM67 chipset. It doesn't support Ivy Bridge core.
Of course not.  Angry just my luck. now I have an I7-3820Qm that I can't do anything with.  I can't believe this.