Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF/786G2 Bios Hack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF and it says it has an Compaq 786G2 BIOS. I'm looking for someone to mod the bios so I can overclock my Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
I've looked and looked for my BIOS file. All I could find was an update file from HP:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...pc/4024462
Alot of the time there is a command you can type with the exe in command prompt for it to dump you the bios rom
(07-03-2017, 11:55 AM)Crazily Wrote: [ -> ]Alot of the time there is a command you can type with the exe in command prompt for it to dump you the bios rom

What is the command?
System model: hp compaq 6000 pro Mt 
supports both DDR3/DDR2 ram
Bios: 786G2 V02.03
CPU Platform: LGA775 (FC-LGA8)
microcode is:A0E
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU  E8400  @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s)

Hello, I was wondering if i can get some help on unlocking my bios to a point where i can overclock the CPU. I've seen a post or something that doesn't relate to this site that if you were to overclock a retail computer's hardware components, you will need to hack the bios itself, and flash the CMOS. And if I were to do this on the mini tower, what kind of problems would it have in the future?
my goal is to upgrade the CPU's 3.0mhz to at least 3.5mhz or higher; the cpu stock is 3.0mhz.
(07-01-2017, 06:30 PM)MarkSkits Wrote: [ -> ]I have the HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF and it says it has an Compaq 786G2 BIOS. I'm looking for someone to mod the bios so I can overclock my Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

dude, i don't think anyone would want to willing walk you through the steps, or do it for you. I looked for two days straight or even longer, and there's not a single way to do it. But previous Bios, that must be under V7.059 like version v6 X.XX bios, which then you'll be able to Overclock the CPU. The other option would be what you just said, hacking into the bios. And that's just the topping, the worst part would be flashing the CMOS "I THINK", and even doing all that work, it would cause future problems for the board I believe. I already asked what the programs could be, but it could be a broad question which could be chipped down to: you don't wanna know; I'm in the same boat as you are right now. I have no idea how to hack into bios myself, but at least it's an answer that could be right, IDK this is just my OPINION to be honest...
Also, if you do buy a MOBO, don't buy HP or DELL UNLESS you KNOW it can do what you desire, instead of doing this; relying on others.
Again, you could make it into a cluster though and that probably would have some restrictions too it as well....