Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Samsung RV411 & i7-720QM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys!

I need the Bios of the Samsung RV 411 notebook, my current Bios does not recognize the i7 processor.

The bios needs to accept the i7 processor.

Thank you very much
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Tell sSpec of your i7 CPU. Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with it.
I tested with 3 processors
I3-i5 and i7. With i3 and i5 it worked perfectly.

With the i7 processor not turning on, the screen turned black. I checked on the intel website, and the chipset supports the i7, but I need an
updated bios

[attachment=12754]
this picture show cpu-z and i7)

The processor model is I7 820qm.  (On the intel website, it shows that it is compatible)

https://ark.intel.com/pt-br/products/431...ss-Chipset
Show a photo of stickers on (or near) slots for memory.
BTW: on your photos I see i7-720QM, not i7-820QM.
Sorry, but this CPU haven't a integrated GPU...

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/In...904AK.html
Hi There!!! can you solved this issue?? i have the same problem. I have a RV411 laptop, i move from an i3 to an i5 processor. Now i buy an i7 840QM processor who is supported by intel HM55 chipset.

I guess the problem is the bios, because the video card doesnt start. The i3 and i5 has an integrated video, but the i7 havent, but this motherboard have a nvidia video card. i think the bios didnt start this card.

Any recommendation?

Greetings from Chile!!!
In this laptop the discrete graphics hasn't direct connectors. So you can't use CPU without integrated GPU.
(06-18-2023, 01:27 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]In this laptop the discrete graphics hasn't direct connectors. So you can't use CPU without integrated GPU.

a mod bios cant work?? i should go for a i7 with GPU only??
BIOS mods can't help.