Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Dell Inspiron 7559 - AMI Bios Aptio Setup Utility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

I want to enable hot plug for one of my PCIe ports, so I can connect an eGPU. I can even see the card, but it got disabled by the system because of the disabled hot plug. I've been trying to change the specific variable in bios setup via EFI Shell without success. I'm not sure if I'm not using the right EFI shell or what. I usually get the error "offset is out of range" when I try to use "setup_var 0x73F".

Right now, I'm considering flashing the whole bios just to get this option enabled. I don't actually need the bios unlocked, but that would solve my problems as well because I'll be able to boot in bios and manually change the option there.

Well, the name of the port is "PCI Express Root Port 6", the variable is "0x73F" which corresponds to the hot plug of that port.
The default value is 0x0 and it should be 0x1.

I'm including a zip that contains the latest bios version, I extracted from the installation exe from Dell. But I also have a backup that I made using Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit.

I'm really new to this stuff and I hope someone here can help me to figure this out. 

[attachment=12793]