Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell N7110 A13 & i7-2960XM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-25-2017, 05:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Your laptop is based on HM67 chipset. It doesn't support Ivy Bridge core.
Is it possible to put an I7-2960XM into my laptop?
OK. Now you need to stress GPU and CPU simultaneously: run Furmark & LinX (with idle process priority).
Make screenshot of HWMonitor when GPU & CPU temperatures will stop rising.
I have an external GPU GTX 1060 3GB eGPU via mPCIe slot. will that change the test at all?
No, use native only.
The way my system is setup I don't use the native graphics card at all or the laptop screen.  I've installed the i7-2960xm and it runs great after I had to upgrade the power supply from 65w to anything over 90w. I went with a Dell DA130PE10-00 130w power supply. My future mark combined scores are at 18000 on sky dive. The only problem I'm having now is that I cannot change the multiplier with intel's extreme tuning utility. When I look under system it says 2.7ghz boost to 2.7ghz(screenshot 1), but I've seen the processes go up to 3.3 so far. The xtu says 3.1 under benchmark.(screenshot 2). i'll post CPUID screen shots. do I need to unlock the A13 bios in order to mess with the cpu settings??
First screenshot shows standard speed without Turbo Boost. It's static information.
ok what do you mean? I can't overclock the chip? what's static information?
I can't say better.
I think your CPU will overheat with thermal throttling.
P.S. BTW: I'm not a tutor. Offtopic deleted.