Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS G2PC-7R004C BIOS to 4GB RAM (chipset Intel 945PM Express)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
can you mod ASUS BIOS for G2PC-7R004C, to unlock RAM up to 4GB?
It seems Intel 945PM supports up to 4GB, but current BIOS does not take it.
BIOS version, AMI 204 16/05/2007.
Thank you!! Angel
Open Device Manager, click View at the top of the Device Manager window, click Resources by type, and then select Memory. This should give you an output similar to the picture shown below
[Image: MemoryMap_Enduro.jpg]
Resize such window to show all information. Make and post a screenshot of it.
(08-03-2017, 11:45 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Open Device Manager, click View at the top of the Device Manager window, click Resources by type, and then select Memory. This should give you an output similar to the picture shown below
[Image: MemoryMap_Enduro.jpg]
Resize such window to show all information. Make and post a screenshot of it.

Here! Sorry for Italian language, hope you can handle...

[attachment=12870]
Look at your screenshot.
Your laptop uses 945PM with 32bit's PAE. So it can't address memory above 4GB.
In your laptop memory above 0x80000000 address is used by internal devices. So 2048 Mb are available.
PCI bus use I/O addresses: from 0x80000000 to 0xFFFFFFFF. Because of it the chipset can't use addresses higher then 0x80000000 for operating memory.

Theoretically this range can be reduces to 0x98000000-0xFFFFFFFF. It should increase maximum memory to 2432 Mb.

In the lucky case PCI Express Port 3 can be disabled, so PCI bus's range can be reduces to 0xB8000000-0xFFFFFFFF. It should increase maximum memory to 2944 Mb.

Make new screenshot of Device Manager: click View at the top of the Device Manager window, click Device by connection, then select bus PCI and then expand Intel® N10/ICH7 Family PCI Root Port - 27D4.
I think it's used for ExpressCard slot and can be safely disabled.

Update: maximum memory limits were decreased because of TOLUD feature: [2:0] bits are reserved.
What kind of DIMMs do you have for this laptop?
(08-05-2017, 02:19 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Look at your screenshot.
Your laptop uses 945PM with 32bit's PAE. So it can't address memory above 4GB.
In your laptop memory above 0x80000000 address is used by internal devices. So 2048 Mb are available.
PCI bus use I/O addresses: from 0x80000000 to 0xFFFFFFFF. Because of it the chipset can't use addresses higher then 0x80000000 for operating memory.

Theoretically this range can be reduces to 0x98000000-0xFFFFFFFF. It should increase maximum memory to 2432 Mb.

In the lucky case PCI Express Port 3 can be disabled, so  PCI bus's range can be reduces to 0xB8000000-0xFFFFFFFF. It should increase maximum memory to 2944 Mb.

Make new screenshot of Device Manager: click View at the top of the Device Manager window, click Device by connection, then select bus PCI and then expand Intel® N10/ICH7 Family PCI Root Port - 27D4.
I think it's used for ExpressCard slot and can be safely disabled.

Update: maximum memory limits were decreased because of TOLUD feature: [2:0] bits are reserved.
What kind of DIMMs do you have for this laptop?

OK. so it seems I can get 1 GB more by disabling PCI Express Port (good, I do not use it at all!).
Can be done by BIOS, or does it need unlocking?
SO-DIMM memory modules are still original ones, 2 x 1 GB.
I do not have the laptop on hand now and until Thursday, I can give you info after that.
My plan was to get new Transcend JM667QSU-2G Ram DDR2 SO-DIMM 200PIN 667Mhz, or similar ones dual-channel.

If you have any other suggestion just let me know, so I can prepare when hands back on the laptop.

Thank you!
(08-05-2017, 05:36 AM)MauuaM Wrote: [ -> ]Can be done by BIOS, or does it need unlocking?
Custom BIOS mod is needed. And at least one more 2GB DIMM is needed for mods test.
Attach TXT report of CPU-Z with 2+1 GB or 2+2 GB memory configuration.
P.S. Please don't quote my posts completely. It reduces readability.
(08-05-2017, 05:49 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2017, 05:36 AM)MauuaM Wrote: [ -> ]Can be done by BIOS, or does it need unlocking?
Custom BIOS mod is needed. And at least one more 2GB DIMM is needed for mods test.
Attach TXT report of CPU-Z with 2+1 GB or 2+2 GB memory configuration.
P.S. Please don't quote my posts completely. It reduces readability.
No prob to get 2, that was my original plan anyway.
So I will go with those, and post reports when done.
Sorry for fully quoting, I'm answering rapidly under rush, so I realized it late.
I'm in a bit of inconvenient location at the moment...