Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Optiplex 745 CPU Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
So it is impossible to put a 45nm Xeon (E5440) into an Optiplex 745 due to a hardware limitation?

What would be the next best Xeon then? I'm looking at the E5345 and thinking of trying setfsb and throttlestop to get similar performance to the 45nm E5440.

Edit: I didn't see there was a second page because the mobile view is odd. The Optiplex 745 doesn't support 1333mhz due to hardware limitations as well? I've heard of a BSEL mod for similar CPUs, that won't help here right?
Hello, I need a BIOS that supports Kentfield CPUs (X3220) for the Optiplex 745
B14NK
Show a photo of your X3220.
This was from the eBay listing. I would like support for both G0 and B3 stepping however, I may have to buy more Optiplex 745's and more X3220's.
Make current BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.
(03-03-2021, 10:27 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Make current BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.

Oh it's working now, I just forgot to update the BIOS with the one on Dell's website haha.

Anyway, here's the original BIOS in case any one wants it in the future for whatever reason. And here's the link to the BIOS's on Dell's website. The latest BIOS wouldn't work for me, but the other BIOS there worked. https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/...45/drivers
Current BIOS already has support for G0 and B3 stepping.
Pages: 1 2 3