Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: lenovo y480 bios & ec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have lenovo y480 which is semi broken and need bios flashing, i searched for 5DCN89WW(windows 8) bios, but i couldn't find it, the only one in there website is 5DCN40WW(windows 7). I need it splitted into bios(4mb) and ec(2mb). If i have these files, that will be very very much helpful.
(09-15-2017, 11:16 PM)t-52 Wrote: [ -> ]I have lenovo y480 which is semi broken and need bios flashing, i searched for 5DCN89WW(windows 8) bios, but i couldn't find it, the only one in there website is 5DCN40WW(windows 7).  I need it splitted into bios(4mb) and ec(2mb).  If i have these files, that will be very very much helpful.
Hi
Bios contains personal data
first make you bad dupms
Sorry for bein late,

the problem here i have crippled bios(4.5mb) without ec bios, as you can tell i'm no expert, i flashed that bios to the ec part by mistake, so no ec bios and can't have bad dumps.

I don't know if this is helpful but anyway if you mean by personal information the oem bios key, then i have it.

If there no way to solve this problem, can you help me split the one on there site 5DCN40WW it's (6.12mb).

sorry for the long message and for taking your time, thank you for being helpful.
(09-16-2017, 07:18 AM)t-52 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for bein late,

the problem here i have crippled bios(4.5mb) without ec bios, as you can tell i'm no expert, i flashed that bios to the ec part by mistake, so no ec bios and can't have bad dumps.

I don't know if this is helpful but anyway if you mean by personal information the oem bios key, then i have it.

If there no way to solve this problem, can you help me split the one on there site 5DCN40WW it's (6.12mb).

sorry for the long message and for taking your time, thank you for being helpful.
personal information - serial numbers, tag service, passwords win key and other service information
in this model

4096 chip - descriptor region + ME region + EC firmware + 50% bios region
2048 chip - 50% bios region

I used a tool called UEFITool to look into bios, but i can't see any descriptor, ME, EC or bios regions, there are cryptic name trees, when i open it, i have cryptic hexes !, man this thing realy sophisticated, my mind stoped working for a moment.

I realy need guidance here, just tell me what to do? what i need?
what you need?
consider me a baby, just started walking, i need you to help me, not necessary running but to walk right.
I have (5DCN89WW) bios from my laptop when i unlocked it, not from the internet, it's (4.5mb), i don't know if there any personal data or what is missing.

It's (4.5) mb not (4 or 6) mb, is this bios useful or useless?
What is missing?

The (5DCN40WW) bios is (6.12) mb, there are (128) kb extra, what is it for?

Can you give me some pictures of the regions of the bios, maybe some explanation?

Is't helpful i send you the bios?

I'm sorry for being amateur, but i realy tried before asking.