Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba Satellite L500 & L505 (with Socket P): Quad cores CPU Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a Toshiba L500-13T, I'd like to upgrade the processor, it is a Core 2 Duo T6500, I would replace it with a Core 2 Quad q9000, when you put the quad laptop will not start, print toshiba on the screen and the fit, I tried it with the latest BIOS with the new microcode for quad core processors but still not. One member of me on some website wrote that the motherboard does transistors and capacitors to be able to run processor with 4 cores, I'd ask someone if they know something to help me, chipset supports processors with 4 cores, but we still do not understand why the laptop will not start
Thanks
Can you write all letters&digits on the northbridge chip?
(10-04-2015, 11:49 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Can you write all letters&digits on the northbridge chip?

if I understand you correctly
No, I need info printed on chips! And on southbridge too.
Like this: northbridge and southbridge
[Image: UT8pwCLXkxgXXagOFbXK.jpg][Image: AF82801IBM.jpg]
P.S. Why you duplicate threads? Old one
(10-04-2015, 12:06 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]No, I need info printed on chips! And on southbridge too.
Like this: northbridge and southbridge
[Image: UT8pwCLXkxgXXagOFbXK.jpg][Image: AF82801IBM.jpg]
P.S. Why you duplicate threads? Old one

Is this OK?
Bad news. I can make bios with latest microcodes for your CPU but probably it boots with 2 cores only. Reason - hardware limits.
(10-04-2015, 12:49 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Bad news. I can make bios with latest microcodes for your CPU but probably it boots with 2 cores only. Reason - hardware limits.

we could try , I'm sending bios
Your modded BIOS has latest microcode. So I can't help you.
(10-04-2015, 12:58 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Your modded BIOS has latest microcode. So I can't help you.

Thanks
What did you mean by that that it has hardware limitations , writes in the specification that supports both 1066 MHz FSB
"Hardware limitations" is the number of voltage regulators.
Pages: 1 2 3