Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Removing/disabling error message in Dell Inspiron 570 AMI BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello world Big Grin

I acquired a motherboard from Dell Inspiron 570 system which itself works fine, but it seems there is some active component on their bloody front panel (there's some jumper wire on the FP header pins, I've soldered it to the board directly but no joy still). As a result when the board POSTs, it always talks some garbage about front panel missing and you have to hit F1. Kinda not good for the use my customer is going to put it to, so I've been thinking about maybe moddifying the BIOS so either it goes away, or at least there is the option to "ignore all" errors as retail boards usually have, might solve it.

So I managed to get the BIOS from the board (it's the latest A5, it was actually easier to read it from the board than to try to break it from that crappy self-extracting EXE), see attachment. Been looking around in older version of AMIBCP but I've seen pretty much just the options which already are in the BIOS. Is there some tool I can enable the usual features on, or disable the check of the front panel presence? Or can somebody possibly do it for me?