Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Configuring BIOS on Sony Vaio VGN-FE28H with broken integrated video card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

"Little" issue here. I've a Sony Vaio VGN-FE28H with broken integrated video card, it works only on external monitor. I physically removed the lcd screen, installed debian and use it as a server.
Now the problem is I need to configure BIOS but I can't get in with external monitor, no way. When BIOS starts, my monitor says "no input", I tried everything i've found so far, the image appears ONLY after os is booting.

If please anyone could give me some hints on how to view it in external monitor, or if there is a way to configure it straight from the os...

Or even a modified bios with "bios on external monitor" enabled, i don't know...

Or at least detailed screenshoots of all BIOS tabs & options ecc, maybe I can try blind.

Bios version is R0174J3, release date 05/24/2007

Any help is appreciated, really, thanks!

--EDIT--
BIOS file attached

P.S. Is there a way to emulate this BIOS on another pc so I can have a view of it?

--EDIT2--
I've found this:
http://www.grs-software.de/sims/bios/phoenix/pages/
but i need to compare with my real actual BIOS in some way, so again if anyone could take screenshots of the (preferably very identical setup, Sony Vaio VGN-FE28H BIOS R0174J3) BIOS it would be appreciated (please remember to cover sensible informations)

I still definitely prefer to view it on external monitor anyway, this is my final target.