Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Asus Sabertooth X58 PCIe lane splitting settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From reading the Intel X58 chipset datasheet, I noticed on page 33 that the chipset has bifurcation support. I'd like to be able to run expansion cards like the Asus Hyper Quad M.2 PCIe x16 card, but in order for them to run correctly the bios needs to have bifurcation settings to set the PCIe x16 slot being used to x4/x4/x4/x4 mode. Or setting a PCIe x8 slot to x4/x4 mode. I already have my 950 pro m.2 working just fine and showing up in bios thanks to it's legacy support mode so I don't need NVMe support for booting or anything, just lane splitting control for the PCIe slots.

Does anyone know if somthing like this would be possible? I know many older motherboards with bifurcation support ended up getting a bios update later down the road to add these settings. I'd prefer to have a setting that I could quickly change within the bios, but I could deal with a quick-fix and having to re-flash bios to change the mode. Just the second x16 slot in 4x/4x/4x/4x mode would be fine.

I have attached the .zip for my bios below. I'm more than willing to donate to anyone who can help me out.