Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] HP Envy 17 R108NG - InsydeH20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi friends,

I owe an HP Envy 17 R108NG notebook with an InsydeH20 BIOS. I bought this notebook especially to make computerized music within a DAW (Cubase pro). Unfortunately the system produces dropouts (any 10-15 seconds of about 2 seconds each) on audio-projects of more than 4 tracks, although I followed all of the good advices been given by steinberg themselves and/or musiker-board.de, unfortunately the problems persisted and persist.

1. I finally suspect some hidden energy configurations in the BIOS, secretly handling onboard-devices to reduce energy (the "ng" in the notebook's name finally seems suspicious to me - "ng" might stand for "energy", respectively something like "energy-options not available"...). So this is one of my requests: it should be possible to switch-off the save-energy modes completely, including anything like ACPI etc.

2. I would like to be able to switch off Hyperthreading. I don't believe so much in it's benefits, anyway, that BIOS is very basic and doesn't even have an "Advanced"-tab, so no advanced settings at all. I'd like to have an "Advanced"-tab and all of the possible advanced options.

3. I would like to be able to switch off the onboard sound-device for to have more system-resources available for the use of an external audio-module.

4. I would like to be able to switch off / on any other energy-consuming option to force my machine to run and to do what I bought it for: to handle REALTIME-AUDIO without any dropouts.

BIOS-files attached. Any answers highly appreciated.

Best regards
rumbero
Friends, is there anything wrong with my request? Or what's the reason for not receiving any answer at all? Best regards...