Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Solved] Lenovo s206 adding support of E2-2000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys.

I replaced (resoldered) BGA AMD Processor on Lenovo s206 laptop. I installed AMD E2-2000, but now my laptop starts and the processor is being detected as "AMD Processor Model Unknown". As I researched, there are no claims of "E2-2" in stock AGESA code of Lenovo s206. I tried to replace it with AGESA code extracted from Lenovo G585 which has AMD E2-2000 support, and replaced AGESA module using PhoenixTool, but the laptop doesn't work with modified BIOS. How to add support of AMD E2-2000? Maybe somebody may help?

I attached original BIOS image from Lenovo s206 and AGESA module from G585.

Thanks in advance!
Attach TXT report of CPU-Z from this laptop with new CPU.
And post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
(11-05-2017, 06:40 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Attach TXT report of CPU-Z from this laptop with new CPU.
And post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0

Thanks for reply.

Attached CPU-Z report + screenshot
(11-06-2017, 03:06 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to flash my mod for E2-Series (Bobcat).

Super! It works! This website is awesome, the only web resource where people really helped me with this problem! Many many thanks!

BTW:
This mod is worthy when your s206 comes with AMD C50/C60 or E300/E1-1200.
Personally, I bought E2-2000 (EM2000GBB22GV) for $7, but its regular price on aliexpress not higher than $15 for new. The replacement is much much easier than replacing any other BGA processors or graphics chips. The only problem was BIOS support, but you solved it. Thanks!

Cheers

[Image: 8528bbaca750bc8328f2a6d21567c9a1.jpg]