Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Samsung NP900X4D AES-NI enablement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(11-26-2017, 03:58 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Next step:
fptw64 -bios -f bios.rom
Make a screenshot of the result.

Probably not what you wanted to see. Resulting flash failed due to Protected Range Registers. See attached image.
Disable Secure Boot in BIOS.
Boot to Windows, close your laptop and wait for sleep mode.
Then wake up your laptop and try again
fptw64 -bios -f bios.rom
[attachment=13414]

different error now:
Error 103: There are no supported SPI flash devices installed. Please check connectivity and orientation of SPI flash device.
Hmm...
Try backup again right now
fptw64 -bios -d new.rom
(11-26-2017, 12:25 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...
Try backup again right now
fptw64 -bios -d new.rom

uh oh. exact same error as the flash command above "error 103"

When I disabled secure boot in my BIOS I was given 3 choices that opened up. I picked what came up automatically UEFI boot.
Try to find suitable options in BIOS for backup.
Then make "sleep trick" to flash.
(11-26-2017, 12:36 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to find suitable options in BIOS for backup.
Then make "sleep trick" to flash.

Not sure I understand the "suitable options" part. 
Here's a link to a screenshot of the BIOS options that opened up when I disabled secure boot:
https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArX7-6HxdVrnrgrTuJxLufP9FMp1

The options are UEFI OS, CSM OS, and "UEFI and CSM OS"
[attachment=13415]
I tried CSM OS, and my system wouldn't boot. I'm assuming Windows needs to have it's bootloader configured for that or something

I tried UEFI and CSM OS and my system did boot and I was able to redump. Trying to flash the new dump failed the same way the original did with the register error.

UPDATE: I put my system to sleep after trying the flash above. On wake up I tried flashing again and now I got the error 103 SPI error like I did before.
(11-26-2017, 01:01 PM)cashchow Wrote: [ -> ]I put my system to sleep after trying the flash above. On wake up I tried flashing again and now I got the error 103 SPI error like I did before.
Afler error 103 do
fptw64 -i
and make a screenshot of the result.
(11-26-2017, 02:19 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 01:01 PM)cashchow Wrote: [ -> ]I put my system to sleep after trying the flash above. On wake up I tried flashing again and now I got the error 103 SPI error like I did before.
Afler error 103 do
fptw64 -i
and make a screenshot of the result.

After error 103 running fptw64 -i results in another same error 103.

EDIT: i tried rebooting and it worked this time see attached

[attachment=13416]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7