Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Intel i7 7700K support for AsRock Z370 Pro4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone add microcodes for the Z370 Pro4? Board passes all POST until VGA test.
(11-29-2017, 09:51 PM)HorseRider Wrote: [ -> ]Board passes all POST until VGA test.
Show the video.
(11-29-2017, 11:16 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2017, 09:51 PM)HorseRider Wrote: [ -> ]Board passes all POST until VGA test.
Show the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRpRITk6k4
Are you kidding me?
(11-30-2017, 10:49 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Are you kidding me?
I don't know anything about BIOSes but since this is your site and you seem to be head honcho here, I'm willing to be you'd be one of the few people who could make this work ahead of Intel.

At least give it a shot.
You said "Board passes all POST until VGA test" without any confirmation.
(11-30-2017, 10:59 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]You said "Board passes all POST until VGA test" without any confirmation.

If you watch the video and check the description they say that people have gotten the same result with multiple Z370 motherboards.

I suspect that this is either a microcode issue since the codes are not present for Kaby lake but Coffee Lake instead.

I don't want to spend $500 on an i7 8700K when I can get a 7700K for $200. The motherboard was a gift.
It's not microcode's problem. Some BIOS for motherboard with Z370 has both microcode for Kaby Lake & Coffee Lake. But it supports only Coffee Lake.
Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake have differences in suitable socket.
(11-30-2017, 12:00 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]It's not microcode's problem. Some BIOS for motherboard with Z370 has both microcode for Kaby Lake & Coffee Lake. But it supports only Coffee Lake.
Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake have differences in suitable socket.

I see, they changed the pinouts.

Intel could make it happen but they are mean.
So you have no own confirmation for "Board passes all POST until VGA test", have you?
BTW: I think that video spreads fake information.
Pages: 1 2