Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Looking for Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (2nd Gen) 20A7 Bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my laptop has been experiencing a bit of an issue where it doesn't want to boot. I used a raspberry pi to dump the bios.. I soldered on the cabling directly to the bios chip and it was identified by flashbios..

I'm looking for a dump to upload to my chip. I'm hoping to bring it back.. otherwise the device is bricked.. not sure what else to do to fix it. 

This isn't much of a device troubleshooting forum so I will spare those details... unless someone wants it. 

I can get more detail on the chip type.. but its an 8pin 8MB flash drive.. I managed to dump several bins with no differences.. 

From the Lenovo website there is a bios update.. which when extracted contains an FL1 file.. I tried using UEFITool to pull the bin.. but I'm not sure whats going on there..Please hekpol.
(11-30-2017, 08:46 PM)substancev Wrote: [ -> ]So my laptop has been experiencing a bit of an issue where it doesn't want to boot. I used a raspberry pi to dump the bios.. I soldered on the cabling directly to the bios chip and it was identified by flashbios..

I'm looking for a dump to upload to my chip. I'm hoping to bring it back.. otherwise the device is bricked.. not sure what else to do to fix it. 

This isn't much of a device troubleshooting forum so I will spare those details... unless someone wants it. 

I can get more detail on the chip type.. but its an 8pin 8MB flash drive.. I managed to dump several bins with no differences.. 

From the Lenovo website there is a bios update.. which when extracted contains an FL1 file.. I tried using UEFITool to pull the bin.. but I'm not sure whats going on there..Please hekpol.
Hi
first use SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip and make bad dump