Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 720-12IKB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I've got a Yoga 720-12IKB (model number 81B5003QUS) with the latest BIOS version 5GCN20WW.

For some reason, my model does not have any option to enable "Legacy BIOS" mode in the setup menu (instead of UEFI mode). Other laptops in the 720 product line have this option, and the user manual includes instructions for enabling this feature "on select models", so I suspect the hardware is perfectly capable of supporting it. I'd like to see if there's any way to enable this mode, as it's required for VeraCrypt.

Link to download latest BIOS (version 5GCN20WW)

Picture of current setup menu options

Thanks!
(12-09-2017, 01:02 AM)loudaslife Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I've got a Yoga 720-12IKB (model number 81B5003QUS) with the latest BIOS version 5GCN20WW.

For some reason, my model does not have any option to enable "Legacy BIOS" mode in the setup menu (instead of UEFI mode). Other laptops in the 720 product line have this option, and the user manual includes instructions for enabling this feature "on select models", so I suspect the hardware is perfectly capable of supporting it. I'd like to see if there's any way to enable this mode, as it's required for VeraCrypt.

Link to download latest BIOS (version 5GCN20WW)

Picture of current setup menu options

Thanks!
Hi
try security boot - disable
(12-09-2017, 05:01 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
try security boot - disable

I've tried disabling Secure Boot, Platform Trust Technology, SGX, anything that sounded like it might be incompatible. Nothing helped.
Update: I've extracted the IFR file, but it doesn't seem to match up with what I actually see in the settings menu. The only entry for "Boot Mode" I can find is "Configurable TDP Boot Mode", which isn't right. In fact, it doesn't have form sets for the Security or Boot tabs at all. What am I missing here?

IFR Text dump here (it was too big to attach)