Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] DELL Dimension 9200 / XPS410 Microcode Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
"Flash failed one or more consistency checks"
Run my second test mod this key:
DXP061-020503_test2.EXE -writehdrfile
than use result file with name DXP061-020503_test2.hdr for DCCU.
Any errors?
Successful flash, same as with the exe. Haven't tried with new CPU tho.
New CPU does not boot.
OK. I'll try to patch bootblock correctly.
(12-20-2017, 02:55 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]OK. I'll try to patch bootblock correctly.

Not confident that I want to tinker with the boot block.  A good boot block is needed for corrupt BIOS recovery via USB.  Think we might have to concede that Dell wins this round.  To paraphrase Thomas Edison, at least we know a thousand things that don't work.  Thank you for the effort.  I learned a lot.
I did not touch the bootblock directly, just patched code in uncompressed section, used by the bootblock.
I've corrected CRC32 in previous test mod, try to flash my new test mod.
(12-21-2017, 04:41 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I did not touch the bootblock directly, just patched code in uncompressed section, used by the bootblock.
I've corrected CRC32 in previous test mod, try to flash my new test mod.

Flashed successfully and boots with the old CPU.  Still not recognizing the new Wolfdale CPU.

BTW, this is my first experience using DCCU.  It creates a BIOS exe from the HDR file.  The difference from the normal exe being that it initiates a reboot that flashes outside the Windows environment.  Guess you knew that, but others may be watching. Smile
Make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0
[attachment=13536]
(12-21-2017, 05:25 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0

Attached
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6