Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [SOLVED] HP ProLiant ML110 G5 microcode update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did my best trying to find a way to modify the bios on this machine but none of the tools I used could open the image file. Here are the details of the machine, maybe you can give the some advice, thanks.

Manufacturer: HP
Model: ProLiant ML110 G5 (QuickSpecs)
BIOS: Phoenix cME FirstBIOS Pro
BIOS version: 0151025 (10/25/10)
BIOS Link: HP site ; Hosting #1
CPU: Intel Xeon X3363, s-spec. SLBC3, CPUID 1067A  (771-to-775 MOD)
Issue: Fan at 100%, Unsupported CPU error, Missing CPU features, Win 10 won't install.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Install your X3363, boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a photo of the screen with results.
OK. Don't change CPU now.
Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
Try to flash my mod of BIOS.
[attachment=13574][attachment=13575]
You nailed it man! I've just finished flashing it and after the reboot the fan lowered speed, the cpu error at boot went away, the bios c-states were available and in cpu-z it shows all the features enabled. I will do more tests, but for now it seems to work ok.
I've attached the content of the bootable USB key files (with your mod).

Thanks!
Good news!