Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [SOLVED] HP ProLiant ML110 G5 microcode update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I did my best trying to find a way to modify the bios on this machine but none of the tools I used could open the image file. Here are the details of the machine, maybe you can give the some advice, thanks.

Manufacturer: HP
Model: ProLiant ML110 G5 (QuickSpecs)
BIOS: Phoenix cME FirstBIOS Pro
BIOS version: 0151025 (10/25/10)
BIOS Link: HP site ; Hosting #1
CPU: Intel Xeon X3363, s-spec. SLBC3, CPUID 1067A  (771-to-775 MOD)
Issue: Fan at 100%, Unsupported CPU error, Missing CPU features, Win 10 won't install.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Install your X3363, boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a photo of the screen with results.
OK. Don't change CPU now.
Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
Try to flash my mod of BIOS.
[attachment=13574][attachment=13575]
You nailed it man! I've just finished flashing it and after the reboot the fan lowered speed, the cpu error at boot went away, the bios c-states were available and in cpu-z it shows all the features enabled. I will do more tests, but for now it seems to work ok.
I've attached the content of the bootable USB key files (with your mod).

Thanks!
Good news!
Hi, is this code specific to the X3363 or can it work with other Xeons?
Thanks
damageisking
Try & check.
Pages: 1 2