Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Trying to find what is executed prior to the splash screen in UEFI firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an ASUS motherboard, the firmware I have is in an AMI Aptio capsule. I can use UEFITool to open the firmware, and it shows me the UEFI structure and modules. I am new to this and learning as I go.

I found it interesting that I was able to follow some online instructions to find the splash screen graphic and extract it using UEFITool. I edited the graphic and put the modified version back into the firmware.

What I am really looking for is the piece of the firmware that runs prior to showing the splash screen. I know that before the splash screen is displayed, some hardware checks are performed. I would like to find and identify the where in the firmware this is done so that I can potentially edit or disable some of the checks.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there a way to know what is executed first, and follow the flow from there to displaying the splash screen?