Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Help adding a few things to Asus P3V4X bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Im new to all of this, but i have flashed already custom made bios's before. Im looking for someone that could add a couple of things to a old board that i have its a Asus P3V4X with a Award medallion BIOS v6.0 Revison 1006 beta 004. I installed a 1.4GHz Pentium III-s with a modded super slocket 3 adapter and it boots fine windows also reports it as a 1.4 p3-s, but the bios displays it as a intel pentium II 1400 MHz Processor and then another screen flashes saying "BIOS update data incorrect. CPUID=000006B1. Update not loaded" before it boots to windows xp. Is possible to add this microcode to the bios?

Also I have a cheap sata pci card with a VT6421A chip can the boot room for this be add to the p3v4x bios?

Thanks for looking at my post
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
And show photos with "the bios displays it as a intel pentium II 1400 MHz Processor" and "another screen flashes saying "BIOS update data incorrect. CPUID=000006B1. Update not loaded"
Thanks for taking the time for checking out my post Big Grin 

Disregard the via VT6421A sata card integration, im only looking for cpu micro code integration

Ive taken a few extra pics as well and tossed them in rar file cause i really dont want to download a program on my slow internet to shrink the images.

Also notice how the bios displays the multiplier as 6.5x and cpu-z says 10.5x
Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Replace the file pep.dat with other version from that source (need to unzip).
Boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a photo of the screen with results.
I had to use plop to boot from usb on this old board was i supposed to create a freedos or msdos cause i went with freedos

it kept giving me a error writing to drive C: so kept hitting ignore
What is "Disk C: "? Disconnect it and retry.
Disk C is my hard drive with windows xp installed
Or try msdos instead of freedos
I unplugged the hard drive and redid the above and it still had the same errors could not write to c drive so i restarted the computer to try it with msdos, but i can't for the life my get the computer to even post
(01-09-2018, 04:49 PM)Oldskoolmaniac Wrote: [ -> ]but i can't for the life my get the computer to even post
Try to install other CPU.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5