Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: New Challenge: C2D T9900 to C2Q Q9100!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody...

I have a new challenge for the "updaters, modders" of bios that can help me somehow.

The situation is:

I have a Mobile Hp Dv4-1xxx series with C2D T9900 dual core processor, the chipset is PM45. According to the PM45 datasheet, this chipset for sure is compatible with "Intel® Core™2 Extreme, Intel® Core™2 Quad, and Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processors based on the 45-nm process". So far, everything is 100 %. So, I would like to upgrade my CPU, buying a C2Q Q9100 (amazing).

However, I don´t know if my Bios (F.67, the lastone) allow to use this processor. To avoid buying the CPU prematurily, I´d like to know if someone here could check the BIOS (Insydebios) file and discover if it´s has Microcode updated for this processor - Q9100.

Here is the Bios File:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51001-51500/sp51483.exe

if the link above do not work, Go to this and remember to select "Hp Dv4 - 1xxx series, F.67":

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/...es.595505/

Thanks Guys, hope that someone can help me.
Your motherboard doesn't support CPUs with quad cores.
It's hardware incompatibility. But you can try the motherboard's mod for quad core CPU supporting:

[Image: quadcore-pinsy1dm5.jpg]
[Image: sockelt6126e71.jpg]
This picture is from a Q9100? If yes, it means that the pins (few) of Q9100 are different from T9900 dual core, right?
Let me correct my doubt... Are you saying that if I try to plug the Q9100 in the socket of my board it won´t fit?
Your board don't boot with Q9100.
Got it! At least I did not buy the Q9100. I heard that this processor makes a big difference when it compares to T9900 dual core.

Anyway... even I knowing your sentence DeathBringer (it´s a hardware incompatibility), have U checked if the BIOS File has the Microcode update for Q9100? Or, if you are busy too much, can U tell with which progam can I check it (Insydebios)? Im interested in the Idea of learning to check Microcode updates in (INSYDE, AMERICAN, etc) BIOS files.

Thanks A Lot!!!
Q9100 & T9900 use the same microcode.
Understood!!!

So this topic is great to conclude that Hp Dv4-1xxx series (even with chipset PM45) do not support C2Q Q9100 or any Core 2 Quad processors. Hope that any other person which wants to know about this subject can find easily this Topic.

Thanks. Have a nice day.