Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 (NOT PRO) Bios Mod for NVME?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

Is there anyone who can modify the bios with nvme support for my motherboard Asus p8z68-v gen 3, not the pro version.
I tried to make this change myself but ended in crashing bios and 12 hours working to get it working again.

Best Regards Johan
(01-15-2018, 02:29 AM)bullemina Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

Is there anyone who can modify the bios with nvme support for my motherboard Asus p8z68-v gen 3, not the pro version.
I tried to make this change myself but ended in crashing bios and 12 hours working to get it working again.

Best Regards Johan

Hi!
Post here your stock original bios.
(01-15-2018, 01:42 PM)feluchi Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2018, 02:29 AM)bullemina Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

Best Regards Johan

Hi!
Post here your stock original bios.

Bios file is to large to attach.

Here is download from asus homepage.
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1...1510590655
Hey guys,
Can I also get a mod to allow NVMe on the same board, please?
P8Z68-V Gen3 (non-Pro) with BIOS 3603 (linked above).

Thank you!!
Wow!  Okay, that was way easier than I expected.  After 30 mins, I just modded my first BIOS!!  I flashed it with EZ Flash and it immediately booted into my PCIe NVMe SSD drive!  Hope this helps others as well.
(06-07-2018, 10:19 AM)Yellowdie Wrote: [ -> ]Wow!  Okay, that was way easier than I expected.  After 30 mins, I just modded my first BIOS!!  I flashed it with EZ Flash and it immediately booted into my PCIe NVMe SSD drive!  Hope this helps others as well.
Hello Friend! Can I use your BIOS? Does it work stably? I also have the Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 (NOT PRO)
Of course.  That's why I posted it.  Anyone can use it and yes, it's stable.  I'm still using it now.  Enjoy!
This does work in that they are now recognized but as "PATA: SS".
Booting doesn't seem to work for me, it just blinks for a while and then starts beeping constantly after 40 seconds.

I ended up going with a cheap sata SSD to boot everything instead. Oh well.
To boot from NVME modified BIOS like that you need to follow all steps in this guide at step #4 exactly as written
https://www.win-raid.com/t871f50-Guide-H...-BIOS.html
buona sera a tutti io ho clonato win10 da un ssd850pro ad un ssd970evo plus, ora vorrei farlo partire su scheda pci-e e dispondo di una asus p8z68...per conferma mi basta aggiornare il bios con quello postato da Yellowdie? dopo devo modificare il boot scusate ma sono un neofita