Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Gateway NE46Rs BIOS Update Failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to change the boot logo so I decided to do backup-change-flash procedure for AMI Bioses. I came to know mine was Aptio 5. I created a bootable usb. And placed AFUDOS ver 3.0.5 in it. I checked if it supported Aptio5 and it did. I didnt use latest AFUDOS because it didnt have /GAN command. I created a backup by using AFUDOS and I tried to restore to see what a successful update would be like. 

When i tried the command 'afudos backup.rom /GAN' it started verifying flash and writing flash. Once it said done, i restarted and now it starts with a black screen and after some 15 seconds CPU fan turns off and again after 15 seconds it turns on, runs for 15 and turns off. I want to know what went wrong?
(01-16-2018, 11:07 PM)Vishwasks2016 Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to change the boot logo so I decided to do backup-change-flash procedure for AMI Bioses. I came to know mine was Aptio 5. I created a bootable usb. And placed AFUDOS ver 3.0.5 in it. I checked if it supported Aptio5 and it did. I didnt use latest AFUDOS because it didnt have /GAN command. I created a backup by using AFUDOS and I tried to restore to see what a successful update would be like. 

When i tried the command 'afudos backup.rom /GAN' it started verifying flash and writing flash. Once it said done, i restarted and now it starts with a black screen and after some 15 seconds CPU fan turns off and again after 15 seconds it turns on, runs for 15 and turns off. I want to know what went wrong?
 honestly older version don't work well with flashing from dos enviroments that aren't completely blank etc if you didn't check for write protection first ive had it overwrite have the chip and then read it with eeprom writer later to see half the data is blank so yeah you gotta always check integrity of bios files before flashing most importantly and once booted check again after but yeah I'm not entirely sure but it sounds like you used wrong bios file and bricked the pc in which case if the chip is soldered on the pc is basically garbage without heat gun to remove and replace cleaning not to mention how messy it is to get into eeprom reader with more complex chips sorry you experienced that have working backup method contact acer even to double check to make sure its exact file anyway good luck with the shiny brick!