Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Help recovering AMI Bios.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm trying to do a recovery on an AMI bios before my other bios chip arrives Its an Acer m1201 I can get to the recovery with Ctrl home and it will access my CD ROM but it will beep five times not four and on Ami beep codes that means file read error in the boot block so I'm just wondering do i have the filename wrong I used amiboot.rom should I use the original file name from the Acer bios update or the amiboot.rom cause it's not seeming have some issue reading the file or something should I use a live file system on the CD or a mastered also thanks for any help all the recovery options are working fine just no display bit Ctrl home works Everytime just seems to not be able to find the .ROM I also have two jumpers above each of my four sata ports just wondering if those maybe read protect drives or something thanks for any help I can post pictures and bios if needed I've tried used Andy's tool to find the recovery name but it just gives me ROM iD ability to update slic etc if anyone could help me find a name for recovery or why in getting file read error it would be very much appreciated ..
there is no recovery procedure embedded or there is and theres an encrpyted name being used as i dont have the driver disk that came with pc i will never be able to recover from cd rom with this pc i am curious to see if anyone who has the driver disk is able to recover i got it to recognize an asus bios on a asus driver disk but not before going silent and disk stopping then two beeps meaning file not found tried every type of cd aswell and usb drive.... after all that i noticed a few header pins unused and to my suprise there open com ports and lpt port so flashing over terminal is completely possible as im sure the reason they where removed in factory so to anyone wondering there is a com port and lpt printer port on this mother board but no header pins to constitute an addon card or straight soldering wires etc to it so i soldered my own make shift pins and successfully flashed thanks for whatever help i used from forums here lol ill make a thread soon to see if i can mod the bios correctly as of now still waiting for spare bios chips and eprom burner. as for alot of the mods on here alot of the links do not work anymore so that kind of sucks as i have alot of motherboards and just learned about bios stuff lol hopefully this helps people who wanna play around with this pc mre but dont have a good recovery method..