Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba A300 Laptop BIOS help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

My Toshiba Laptop is a A300 with model number PSAGCA-03C010 however this model is not listed on the Toshiba website with their BIOS downloads.
I've run msinfo32 on a working laptop of the same model, and it says the bios model is Insyde 2.20 (and when you boot it, it has the H2 logo).
I've seen the tutorials on how to flash the bios, and I would have no problem doing that.  I've also read somewhere people can only flash certain models of the A300 with a USB floppy drive.  Going to try a USB first.
However, my problem is I have 2 of these models and both of them do not load the BIOS screen at all, they just power on for a few seconds and display nothing.

If someone could point me in the right direction of downloading the correct BIOS, and perhaps flashing it (to determine if this is a BIOS problem or a motherboard problem), that would be great, as I have not had any kind of issues with BIOS problems before.  Googling Insyde 2.20 bios download does not help.

I have also downloaded a similar BIOS from toshiba, however the files were not of the kind you guys talk about when flashing with a USB drive.  There was a bunch of setup files, batch files and DLL files.  Tried to boot from this but didn't work.

If there's anything I can do to help let me know, I've already had someone suggest to download and run software called BIOS Backup ToolKit on the working laptop to get the BIOS file, however Total Antivirus shows multiple infections and I'm not sure if it would even work.

Thanks heaps.