Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Request: Toshiba Satellite C55-A5195
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, can anyone teach me how I can edit the splash screen for the BIOS of this specific laptop model? I really want to personalize my laptop and I was hoping you guys can help me with it. And with the inevitable arrival of another BIOS update to mitigate the Spectre and Meltdown flaws, I would prefer to learn how to do it myself so I wouldn't have to bother you guys with another request if ever another BIOS update comes up. Currently, this is the latest version of my BIOS that's available. https://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content...f6v140.exe
Any help on how I can customize the splash screen for this is very much welcomed and appreciated as I currently do not have any knowledge in editing it. A full step by step guide would be great and the do's and don'ts of it like say how to backup or should I backup the current BIOS before doing anything.  Big Grin
(02-12-2018, 11:32 AM)Buggy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, can anyone teach me how I can edit the splash screen for the BIOS of this specific laptop model? I really want to personalize my laptop and I was hoping you guys can help me with it. And with the inevitable arrival of another BIOS update to mitigate the Spectre and Meltdown flaws, I would prefer to learn how to do it myself so I wouldn't have to bother you guys with another request if ever another BIOS update comes up. Currently, this is the latest version of my BIOS that's available. https://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content...f6v140.exe
Any help on how I can customize the splash screen for this is very much welcomed and appreciated as I currently do not have any knowledge in editing it. A full step by step guide would be great and the do's and don'ts of it like say how to backup or should I backup the current BIOS before doing anything.  Big Grin

if you can give me the .rom or .fd or whatever file is in the temporary directory under windows when you run it i can probably find the logos and figure out their file type and attempt a mod if its not an ami bios or aptio bios for laptops i cant gurantee but i can definitely try til it does work if you have a good way to recover from possible brick.