Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: G50vt-x5 upgrade from x9100 to QX9300 (Freezing at startup)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I will read that article over and get back here. Might take a week.
If i damage the bottom cpu holder when drilling/making holes, can i replace jsut that bottom square part?
I think so.
I'm gonna buy that bottom piece first and take my time while able to still use my laptop. Otherwise I will feel rushed. And in case something goes wrong, I can be back up and running within a minutes vs ordering and waiting for the part to arrive. Will check back in when the part arrives, maybe 2 weeks.
It is not possible for you to get a quad core CPU working in a G50V or G50VT, you are limited up to the X9100 dual core CPU. You would need the G51VX for that. It is a limitation with the wiring of the socket I believe.
But X9100 CPU overclocked with Throttlestop to 3.45GHZ at 1.3125V, 17-fin fan, SSD, 8GB RAM is about all u can do. That's what I still use today.. though upgrade will happen eventually.
danwat1234, read this thread attentively.
I have
Only hardware modification possible will help - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...#pid137035
Pages: 1 2 3