Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Help for XPS17 L702X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
latest if possible, i'd like to update also when intel will release a patch for spectre, i would like learn how to do
(03-07-2018, 02:32 PM)Dexter1983 Wrote: [ -> ]when intel will release a patch for spectre
Intel already released. Read Microcode revision guidance
Try to flash my mod.
but the status is "in production" will this protect me from spectre?
Yes
I would really like it if I explained how you did to update the microcode in the bios, I've been beating my head for months ... you've been very good!
Sorry, I'm not a tutor.
Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
(03-07-2018, 05:11 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I'm not a tutor.
Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0

ok you're not a tutor but if someone wants to learn how he can do?
Now everything is OK with the microcode.
ok I understand, could you update all the microcodes on the bios stock and on two custom bios? Then I do not bother you anymore, thank you very much
(03-08-2018, 02:22 PM)Dexter1983 Wrote: [ -> ]ok I understand, could you update all the microcodes on the bios stock
Have any ES CPU with CPUID=0x206A2, 0x206A3, 0x206A5 or 0x206A6? I think you haven't. So updating other microcodes is senseless.
(03-08-2018, 02:22 PM)Dexter1983 Wrote: [ -> ]on two custom bios?
I'm not interested in that.
Pages: 1 2 3