Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Hp ECS MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My Board MCP61PM-HM's CPU Fan connector is dead, when power on, it always report CPU Fans Error, that it can not detect the CPU Fans, and then shutdown itself in few second, I have to press "F2" everytime to by pass the error..

I tried to mod the bios 5.27 with the modbin6 2.01.02, to change the CPU Fans Check to "Disable" for both "Bios Default" and "Setup Default",
but it failed, when I change the "Setup Default" to "Disable" in the modbin6, and then check the value again, it still show up as "Enable"...

so, please help to modify the bios 5.27, the option "CPU Fans Check" that both "Bios Default" and "Setup Default" value as "Disable"

thanks!
(07-29-2009, 03:58 AM)miniwar Wrote: [ -> ]My Board MCP61PM-HM's CPU Fan connector is dead, when power on, it always report CPU Fans Error, that it can not detect the CPU Fans, and then shutdown itself in few second, I have to press "F2" everytime to by pass the error..

I tried to mod the bios 5.27 with the modbin6 2.01.02, to change the CPU Fans Check to "Disable" for both "Bios Default" and "Setup Default",
but it failed, when I change the "Setup Default" to "Disable" in the modbin6, and then check the value again, it still show up as "Enable"...

so, please help to modify the bios 5.27, the option "CPU Fans Check" that both "Bios Default" and "Setup Default" value as "Disable"

thanks!

Big Grin I now see what the issue is your having, and your clarification is enlightning. I knowthe setting your referring to, and Ive seen it many times. Im looking in the bios now and will report later.

TheWiz
Okay, the setting is there and you can set it to be disabled, but I believe that in the background it is still turned on by default. I thought that maybe making the enabled option non-selecatble would help but Im not sure. What do you think?

TheWiz
yes, I could set it to disabled, but it will auto restore it to 'enable',
I tried 'non-selectable', problem still exist...

(07-31-2009, 12:39 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, the setting is there and you can set it to be disabled, but I believe that in the background it is still turned on by default. I thought that maybe making the enabled option non-selecatble would help but Im not sure. What do you think?

TheWiz
Sadly then I am at a loss of ideas right now, the setting is obviously there, im just trying to think if theres a way to lock it in place.

Sorry,

TheWiz

And by cpu fan connector your referring to the on on the motherboard. Otherwise just get a new stock fan. Also try moving the pins a bit to make sure they have connectivity.
the CPU Fan error is caused by the board, the CPU fans is working fine...

the CPU fans connector on the board is dead that not able to detect the fans

(07-31-2009, 02:22 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly then I am at a loss of ideas right now, the setting is obviously there, im just trying to think if theres a way to lock it in place.

Sorry,

TheWiz

And by cpu fan connector your referring to the on on the motherboard. Otherwise just get a new stock fan. Also try moving the pins a bit to make sure they have connectivity.
Try this:

Clear the CMOS. Then When the computer restarts go into the bios and select the cpu fan disable option. Then save and exit. When it starts to reboot hold down the power button. Immediatly unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds. Then turn it back on and see if the setting stays. If you need to know the clear CMOS information, it can be found on HPs documentation here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01077676

(Bottom of page)

I know these instructions are a bit weird, but they may just work.

Good Luck!
TheWiz
I am confused, according to the bios setting, the "CPU Fans Check" setting is hidden...

can not change directly in the bios, it only show up in the modbin6

(07-31-2009, 09:41 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Try this:

Clear the CMOS. Then When the computer restarts go into the bios and select the cpu fan disable option. Then save and exit. When it starts to reboot hold down the power button. Immediatly unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds. Then turn it back on and see if the setting stays. If you need to know the clear CMOS information, it can be found on HPs documentation here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01077676

(Bottom of page)

I know these instructions are a bit weird, but they may just work.

Good Luck!
TheWiz
Okay! Just to verify, you had the backup bios chip, but were you able to flash my overclocked version successfully? So far, it has been a 100 percent flash success rate with that modded bios. In this version that I made for you, I put the CPU fan features that you needed under the Power tab, its the first option. I think moving it to this place will make it active, but we won't be sure till its flashed. Flash with awdflash in DOS.

Hope it Works!
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1525839/Bi...FANMOD.bin
TheWiz
I see your online reading this, please redownload the file, I just refreshed it.
I flashed the bios, it is not able to get into the bios setup, the screen is black after press 'F1'

(07-31-2009, 11:49 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Okay! Just to verify, you had the backup bios chip, but were you able to flash my overclocked version successfully? So far, it has been a 100 percent flash success rate with that modded bios. In this version that I made for you, I put the CPU fan features that you needed under the Power tab, its the first option. I think moving it to this place will make it active, but we won't be sure till its flashed. Flash with awdflash in DOS.

Hope it Works!
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1525839/Bi...FANMOD.bin
TheWiz
I see your online reading this, please redownload the file, I just refreshed it.
Pages: 1 2 3