Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Troubleshooting suspicious GPU problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had this Toshiba P70-B PSPPNA-09700M for awhile and the AMD chip inside has mysteriously disappeared from the device manager.
I've literally tried everything to get it back and have come to the conclusion that its burnt out. the only thing that is bothering me is that during the time it failed was around the time i did a BIOS update. has anyone ever heard of a BIOS update disabling hardware?
Obviously the laptop still works fine running off the Intel graphics. i have looked everywhere for an older BIOS revision but none seem to be out there.
the problem arose during the WIN10 integration that was rolled out on BIOS v5.10.
any input would be appreciated, cheers
(03-26-2018, 11:09 PM)andrewlapham2010 Wrote: [ -> ]I've had this Toshiba P70-B PSPPNA-09700M for awhile and the AMD chip inside has mysteriously disappeared from the device manager.
I've literally tried everything to get it back and have come to the conclusion that its burnt out. the only thing that is bothering me is that during the time it failed was around the time i did a BIOS update. has anyone ever heard of a BIOS update disabling hardware?
Obviously the laptop still works fine running off the Intel graphics. i have looked everywhere for an older BIOS revision but none seem to be out there.
the problem arose during the WIN10 integration that was rolled out on BIOS v5.10.
any input would be appreciated, cheers

if i were working on it myself my best advice would be to try and flash old bios back through windows if you saved backup like you should with everything lol then if that didnt fix it id say a driver issue than if thats not your issue your looking at reflowing etc first attempt at that in my eyes would be oven method ive reflowed lots of desktop igpus with conventional ovens as the solder is not too thick and not too thin it works almost perfect on pc whereas its usually used as a cheap way to fix consoles it can be applied to any pcb board...