Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Clevo W170ER failed BIOS update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me... I had previously installed a Prema BIOS mod on my W170ER, and attempted to flash the latest non-prema, stock bios, 1.02.17 (previously 1.02.16). I obviously did something stupid because then the laptop won't POST. The lights come on, the fans are going, but nothing else, not even a backlit screen. The USB ports have power at least because a plugged-in stick will flash.

Now, I've tried to follow instructions from what I've been reading online, and I've taken the file W150ER.bin from the stock clevo zip, renamed it W11ER.rom as per some other Prema instructions I found, copied it to the root of a FAT32 USB stick, plugged it into the USB 2.0 port of the laptop, held down Fn+B, and powered on. I read that the HDD is supposed to flash rapidly if the shortcut works, and it does flash, but not if I have this particular file on the USB. In any case, I read it's supposed to power off, then restart and then I should see a menu. But nothing happens.

Does anyone smarter than me know what I could be doing wrong? Much appreciated Smile