Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire Z1800: upgrading to Ivy bridge, update bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a candy bar Aser Aspire z1800, CPU 1155 Sendy Bridge. Chipset H61express, motherboard INTEL H61 RTL8111D UMA.
I want to replace the CPU with the Ivy bridge, but BIOS 2011 certainly does not support Ivy Bridge.
I found other models of acer monoblocks with a similar motherboard (Veriton z2610g and Aspire Z1850), for them there is a BIOS from 2012 and according to my data there is support for Ivy.
I post here BIOS of these models.
Please tell me if I write down these BIOS is it possible to get Ivy support on my candy bar.
Attached BIOS of Veriton Z2610G hasn't support for Ivy Bridge core.
Post a screenshots of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with current CPU.
Show a photo of stickers or CPU socket.
And show a good photo of BIOS chip on your motherboard.
(04-02-2018, 02:22 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Attached BIOS of Veriton Z2610G  hasn't support for Ivy Bridge core.
Post a screenshots of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with current CPU.
Show a photo of stickers or CPU socket.
And show a good photo of BIOS chip on your motherboard.

Thank you for help!
There are photos that you need.
P.S. i have programmer for 25l3206
Your motherboard have p/n MB.SH501.001 with MX25l3206E BIOS chip.
This BIOS chip is too small for BIOS with Ivy Bridge support.
(04-03-2018, 11:05 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Your motherboard have p/n MB.SH501.001 with MX25l3206E BIOS chip.
This BIOS chip is too small for BIOS with Ivy Bridge support.
Again thanks
But,can i change chip on more size with support ivy bridge?
Reinstall chip and record it in programmer,will no problem for me.
You need full dump of BIOS chip for Z1850 (without guarantee for success)
(04-03-2018, 12:51 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]You need full dump of BIOS chip for Z1850 (without guarantee for success)

Can i change chip to 25L6406E?
Yes.
(04-03-2018, 02:15 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.

Hi
I began make it.I read my bios cheap in programmer,then try to record bios(.rom file) for my z1800 downloaded from acer.com,and my PC doesnt starts.Then i compare this files and they are very another. .rom file is bin?And how make rom file to bin.
Thanks
Because files from acer.com don't contain full BIOS dump, but only BIOS region. Without ME region and descriptor region.
Your Z1800.bin is correct full BIOS dump.
Pages: 1 2