Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUESTS] ACER ASPIRE E5-722G-819C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bought a acer e5-722 laptop laptop and would like the advanced bios features option opened up so i can enable virtualization on my amd processor.   can you help me?
Hi

I'd like to access to the advanced menu so I can enable the virtualization option. I need it to run a 64-bit VM for school.

Here is a link to the currently installed BIOS, Insyde v1.11 rev 5.0. That links to an .exe, I alse extracted the .fd file from that.
If you need more information, let me know Smile

Thank you!
(02-09-2017, 06:29 PM)Sworaven Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I'd like to access to the advanced menu so I can enable the virtualization option. I need it to run a 64-bit VM for school.

Here is a link to the currently installed BIOS, Insyde v1.11 rev 5.0. That links to an .exe, I alse extracted the .fd file from that.
If you need more information, let me know Smile

Thank you!
Hi
AMD cpu
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
I would like to know if you can unlock the ACER ASPIRE E5-722G advanced menu for a reason.
The VGA and HDMI port doesn't work and I tried every drivers and supported OSes, I still get an error code 43..
This is my last option and I hope the solution is there, if you think not, I would like to know why.  Undecided

BIOS ID : Franky-CarrizoLite
VERSION : V1.11
OFFICIAL LINK : UGBI0111.exe

Thanks.
(09-12-2017, 11:43 PM)gorgonflabish Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to know if you can unlock the ACER ASPIRE E5-722G advanced menu for a reason.
The VGA and HDMI port doesn't work and I tried every drivers and supported OSes, I still get an error code 43..
This is my last option and I hope the solution is there, if you think not, I would like to know why.  Undecided

BIOS ID : Franky-CarrizoLite
VERSION : V1.11
OFFICIAL LINK : UGBI0111.exe

Thanks.
Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
-Make: Acer Aspire e17
-Model: E5-722-63B3
-CPU: AMD A6-7310 APU
-Bios: InsydeH20 rev 5.0 EFI
-Bios version: 1.11 - Bios Link at Acer Support  .
-Bios Photos: Available on request

Hello community,
I received the above notebook for my birthday 2 weeks ago, and have had nothing but issues since. From random hdd pass "freezing", to incredible difficulty installing linux and getting all portions of the notebook working, it has been a trying experience.

During all my issues getting my dual boot working clean, I decided I would simply run a ubuntu VM within my cleanly running windows. Only to receive the error "AMD-VT available but disabled in bios". Which, of course, there is no option for enabling AMD-VT (or advanced menu in general for that matter).

I have posted in the Acer community support forums, and was told that Acer disables AMD-VT by default on their notebook series, and that there was purposely no option to enable it!!! Even though the cpu specifically allows it! Acer support post

Now after my own research I know that in most cases, for a full bios mod, AMD cpus require some sort of flasher device. Which I do not own. However, there are rumors around the interwebs that some have achieved changing just the desired options (without fully enabling advanced menu) by using EFI shell, or a DOS based boot of some sort. Sadly all of the tutorials I found are quite old, and for other companies, HP dell etc.

Long story short:
I need my linux, and cannot correctly run it dual boot. My AMD-VT is disabled, I have no flasher, but am rather tech saavy, and brave Smile. What are my options?
(11-19-2017, 07:39 PM)l8nit3 Wrote: [ -> ]-Make: Acer Aspire e17
-Model: E5-722-63B3
-CPU: AMD A6-7310 APU
-Bios: InsydeH20 rev 5.0 EFI
-Bios version: 1.11 - Bios Link at Acer Support  .
-Bios Photos: Available on request

My AMD-VT is disabled, I have no flasher, but am rather tech saavy, and brave Smile. What are my options?

Hi!
Check your PM.
Thank you for your quick response Smile
PM has been sent with the required vars.txt file.
(11-21-2017, 11:27 AM)l8nit3 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your quick response Smile

Oki. PM sent.
(11-21-2017, 03:11 PM)feluchi Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2017, 11:27 AM)l8nit3 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your quick response Smile

Oki. PM sent.

Awesome thank you so much for the help! I dont hold much in the way of a paypal account to send you a beer tip, however if your a cryptocurrency fan I have a small amount of "LuxCoin" (only about 12 of them but id happily give you 5). These are currently worth about $2 USD each :Smilef you send me a wallet address I will send them asap Smile

Testing the new mod now Big Grin

<edit>
It works flawlessly Smile Thank you so much! Now I can properly code again!!!!
</edit>
Pages: 1 2