Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Bricked HP 6730s after bios update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I tried to update the BIOS my HP / Compaq 6730b but during this operation my laptop hung and I had to switch it off. When I try to start now the caps lock is blinking and the screen stays black. Can someone help me to solve this problem ?

Tnx !
Hi, I updated this laptop's (68PZD) bios to version F.20 without errors and now it keeps turning on and shuts down a few seconds later on its own, repeat, no beeps, only the fan spinning and the caps lock led lights once before shutting down. I tried the Windows Key + B or V thing and it doesn't work, the laptop keeps turning on and shutting down on its own.
The battery does not work, basically a paperweight, could this be the cause of the boot loop?
The bios updater backed up the old bios image 68PZD.BIN and 68PZD.SIG onto a removable drive in the folder "Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\Current",  I could use a usb programmer as a last resort, but is there a another method I can try?
Thank you for the help.