Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Vostro 3450: CPU Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(07-02-2017, 03:08 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]BTW: can you disable internal Intel HD Graphics in BIOS?

Sorry it doesn't work even with unofficial drivers (I have to work with dynamic gpu) but I made sure FurMark was running on ATI GPU.

Here is the updated HWMonitor screenshot, temperature is stable.
You know what, I'm gonna give it a try again. I mean disabling Intel Graphics.
Look at your screenshot. CPU frequency = 1400 Mhz only!
Did you plug AC adapter?
(07-02-2017, 03:38 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Look at your screenshot. CPU frequency = 1400 Mhz only!
Did you plug AC adapter?

wtf I didn't notice the CPU frequency and I'm using the AC adapter only.
Let me give it another try cause usually the CPU freq is between 2700 and 2900
Your laptop has only two phases for +VCC_CORE. So CPUs with TDP=45W must be used with disabled(!) Intel HD Graphics only.
But you can't do it because ATI GPU works through Intel GPU and chipset in this laptop.
(07-02-2017, 03:54 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Your laptop has only two phases for +VCC_CORE. So CPUs with TDP=45W must be used with disabled(!) Intel HD Graphics only.
But you can't do it because ATI GPU works through Intel GPU and chipset in this laptop.

I managed to stop the throttling with Obsidian ThrottleStop.

I'm gonna meddle with the modded Bios to see if I can disable that useless iGPU (it is indeed stressed when it shouldn't cf new screenshot)
Anyway thanks a lot for taking the time to find all this information to help me.
I'll keep you updated if I manage to disable hd graphics.
Hello i have a vostro 3450 Laptop and i like to upgrade it from a second gen cpu to a 3rd gen.
Is that actually possible?

At the moment i have a i3 2350m inside.

im thankful for any help.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
(04-26-2018, 05:18 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
Hi. I have this same laptop and here are the specs you want (attachment).
Btw, i hear in another forum that the Inspiron N4050 have socket 998b rpga (same as Vostro) and sypport i7-2630QM.
Pages: 1 2 3