Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba Satellite S55T-B5152 whitelisted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to figure out if what I am experiencing is result of BIOS whitelist or bad replacement wireless card..

My Toshiba S55T-B5152 will not boot up after replacing the stock Intel ac3160 with an Intel ac8260 (came from another Toshiba laptop with Toshiba part number on it)

After press the power button, all I get is black/blank screen (instead of the normal Toshiba logo then boot to windows), if wireless card is removed or replaced with stock card, then system would boot up fine

I don't know if it is a faulty wireless card that cause system to freeze or if the way Toshiba implement whitelist is to deny BIOS from loading? I thought commonly whitelist would result in either a warning message and not able to boot OS or device not working in windows?
After striking out with the Intel/Toshiba ac8260, I decide to give it another try and acquired an Intel/Toshiba ac7265

This time the laptop has no trouble boot up and windows installed the drivers for bluetooth and wifi without issue

Still not sure if the whole black screen after power on is related to whitelist or simply a bad card....