Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad 10 Tablet 32-bit to 64-bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. Long time programmer with very little BIOS experience looking for help. Hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad 10 that I would like to move from 32-bit Windows to 64-bit Windows. The processor is compatible; however I've run into the problem that I have a 32-bit UEFI, and the manufacturer does not have a 64-bit update available.

The frustrating thing is that there is an identical-in-every-way-except-for-the-RAM version of the tablet for which they DO have a 64-bit version available. There is a toggle at the top of the page where you can simply select your current operating system. Check it out here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/jp/en/produ.../downloads

Running the 64-bit installer is futile at this juncture; it gives a "directory not found" error. Is there any kind of modification that can be made to enable the installation of the 64-bit UEFI so that I can subsequently run a clean install for 64-bit Windows?

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Grammar, forgot to tag properly.