Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Aspire 5100 BIOS Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What up!  Hey I am curious if the Aspire 5100 series can use MORE than 4 GB of RAM with an x64 version of Windows 7 Ultimate...  I have used this time honored machine (I rebuilt it  with new components and mobo)  The board is a Navarro serial # MB.ABE02.001.  I know it inside and out and have the ACER repair manual itself.  I have the latest BIOS v. 3.13 and I have wanted to take this machine up to 8 GB using two by fours.  Corsair only shows a kit of Two By Two GB.  Confused

I want to know if the BIOS can be modded to use over 8 GB using Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 10 x64.  I know they had an update somewhere from 3.11ish to 3.13 to use 4 GB surely it can go higher...  I have read where folks with this same lappy have had black screens come up after upgrading RAM.  I can't find any other answers to this anywhere.  I know the machine is an old gramps but it works for me and what I need.  Tongue

Corsair Part # CT51264AC667.M16FC DDR2 667Mhz PC2-5300 SODIMM.  It is I just don't want to buy RAM off Amazon or thebay and it NOT WORK and I get a black screen due to BIOS or board incompatibility as the RAM sticks are expensive! Angry Angry

Thanks and sry to be a pain!
Anyone?!  Almost a month later and nobody on this forum with all these intelligent users who have reprogrammed BIOSes and the like can't answer this question about a 12 year old machine?  Tongue Huh